Posted 4 years ago
- Responsible for assisting with the education and enrichment of children from infancy to preschool-age
- Responsible for implementation of MSDE learning curriculum (Infancy to Preschool-age)
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of students in the classroom
- Responsible for interacting effectively with staff, children and parents, as well as with other professionals
- Responsible for making appropriate judgment calls and decision in the best interest of the child
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of classroom and center.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Responsible for maintaining individual training and education standards
- Must be at least 18 years old age
- Must hold at a minimum a GED
- Must successfully complete: 90 clock hours or the equivalent of approved pre-employment training, 9 hours communication, Basic Health and Safety, ASQ, ADA, and CPR/First Aide within 6 months of hire.
- Additional training requirements: 45 clock hours with infants and toddlers (if working with infants and toddlers), 45 clock hours for school-age (if working with school-age children)
- Prior experience not required, but preferred
- This position is 40 hours (or more) per week and may include weekends, some early morning and evening hours
- Equal Opportunity Employer
This position may require other duties not listed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary (Based on Experience/Education) $12.50 to $20.00 /hour based on certifications and education.
- preschool: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Baltimore, MD (Preferred)
- 90 hour certification (Required)
- Plans lessons and learning opportunities appropriate to the developmental level and individual needs of each child.
- Teaches children according to approved instructional programs at a rate and level expected with progress of each child.
- Evaluates children, maintaining anecdotal and developmental records for each assigned child.
- Meets with parents to discuss child's progress and to provide counsel or advice as appropriate.
- Maintains a suitable learning environment.
- Encourages critical thinking through use of stimulating questions and ideas.
- Uses a variety of methods and materials.
- Responsible for coordinating a comprehensive program for a targeted group of children integrating all required components including basic care, education, social service, nutrition and parent involvement and education.
- Provides training and guidance to other child care teachers and assistant teachers.
- Ensures integrated programs covering basic care, education, social service, nutrition and parent involvement and education.
- Supervises the development and coordination of curriculum, activities and special programs for young children..
- Interacts with partners, funding agencies and/or donors as required.
- Ensures program operations are in compliance with all requirements whether donor, grant or regulatory agencies.
- Represents the program to parents, the local community, regulatory agencies and donors or funding sources.
- Generates reports as required based on program activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Hours: this position is 40 hours (or more) per week and many weekends, some early morning and evening hours.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: (Based on Experience/Education) 12.50 to 20.00 per hour based on certifications and education.
Education: Hogh School or equivalent (Required)
Location: Baltimore, MD