- Plans lessons and learning opportunities appropriate to the developmental level and individual needs of each child.
- Teaches children according to approved instructional programs at a rate and level expected with progress of each child.
- Evaluates children, maintaining anecdotal and developmental records for each assigned child.
- Meets with parents to discuss child’s progress and to provide counsel or advice as appropriate.
- Maintains a suitable learning environment.
- Encourages critical thinking through use of stimulating questions and ideas.
- Uses a variety of methods and materials.
- Responsible for coordinating a comprehensive program for a targeted group of children integrating all required components including basic care, education, social service, nutrition and parent involvement and education.
- Provides training and guidance to other child care teachers and assistant teachers.
- Ensures integrated programs covering basic care, education, social service, nutrition and parent involvement and education.
- Supervises the development and coordination of curriculum, activities and special programs for young children..
- Interacts with partners, funding agencies and/or donors as required.
- Ensures program operations are in compliance with all requirements whether donor, grant or regulatory agencies.
- Represents the program to parents, the local community, regulatory agencies and donors or funding sources.
- Generates reports as required based on program activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested