- Responsible for assisting with the education and enrichment of children from infancy to preschool-age
- Responsible for implementation of MSDE learning curriculum (Infancy to Preschool-age)
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of students in the classroom
- Responsible for interacting effectively with staff, children and parents, as well as with other professionals
- Responsible for making appropriate judgment calls and decision in the best interest of the child
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of classroom and center.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Responsible for maintaining individual training and education standards
- Must be at least 18 years old age
- Must hold at a minimum a GED
- Must successfully complete: 90 clock hours or the equivalent of approved pre-employment training, 9 hours communication, Basic Health and Safety, ASQ, ADA, and CPR/First Aide within 6 months of hire.
- Additional training requirements: 45 clock hours with infants and toddlers (if working with infants and toddlers), 45 clock hours for school-age (if working with school-age children)
- Prior experience not required, but preferred
- This position is 40 hours (or more) per week and may include weekends, some early morning and evening hours
- Equal Opportunity Employer
This position may require other duties not listed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary (Based on Experience/Education) $11.75 to $15.00 /hour
- preschool: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Baltimore, MD (Preferred)
- 90 hour certification (Required)