I hope this finds you safe and healthy. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know what’s going on in the midst of this crisis.
Like all of you, I have been following the news closely. I have also been following up with the state website and the office of childcare for direction and guidance.
I am aware that the virus is spreading rapidly, and that a young child has also contracted the disease, so we now know children are not immune from this virus. I am also aware that we MUST practice social distancing and maintain groups no larger than 10. In addition, we MUST practice good hygiene and that MTA has gone to a limited restricted schedule.
I mentioned all of the above because while we are trying to stay open and to accommodate our working parents, we are faced with a huge dilemma. HOW DO WE COMPLY WITH THESE MEASURES AND KEEP EVERYONE SAFE AND HEALTHY!
I received an email this morning from the office of childcare expressing the same concerns. In fact,they are waiting on guidance from the Governor. In the mean time, my staff and parents need direction so that they can best plan for their families.
After much consideration, we’ve made the difficult decision to:
- The center days of operation and hours will be: Monday – Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm (No exceptions)
- Transportation is currently limited to 6 Students
- Parents MUST sign their child(ren) up for childcare the day before services are to be rendered so that we will know how many children to expect, how many staff are needed and to determine if we will open.
- TO SIGN UP FOR THE WAITING LIST, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.waitlistr.com/lists/582a5806/emergency-childcare-sign-up
- We will only accommodate 15 children per room: 9 Infants and 3 Staff, 12 2-Year-Olds and 2 Staff, 13 3-Year-Olds and 2 Staff, 13 4-Year-Olds and 2 Staff. For our afterschool virtual learning we have three classrooms there are 13 Students and 2 Staff per room.
- [PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE RATIO DROPS BELOW 24 WE MIGHT BE SUBJECT TO CLOSE]
- We will occupy all classrooms unless there is a necessity to close due to COVID-19 outbreak.
- Any child or staff with a runny nose, cough, or fever WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY
- Any help you can give with soap, paper towels, disinfectants and cleaning supplies will be greatly appreciated
- PARENTS MUST PROVIDE AN UP TO DATE EMERGENCY CONTACT IN THE EVENT THAT WE ARE INSTRUCTED BY THE STATE TO CLOSE OR IF WE MUST CLOSE FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN AND STAFF.
- Please be aware that many of our staff use public transportation, which may also affect our ability to operate.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience for some of you and we wish we could do more, but given the magnitude of what’s going on right now, it’s the best we can do to make sure the front line people can protect us and serve those affected by the Coronavirus.
God Bless – Stay Safe and Healthy,